ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Zsolt" <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Change request
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:05:43 GMT
Hi,

In our product we are using iBATIS currently with a MySQL database. We
want to also support the Derby and Oracle databases. We developed a
templating mechanism for defining our DDLs and queries, but we are
having problems integrating this with iBATIS.

What we are trying to do is to provide in the sqlmap-config.xml file
sqlMap references to our templates. We want to process the templates
when iBATIS loads, depending on what the database engine is at runtime.

To achieve this we have found that the simplest would be to override the
addSqlMapNodelets() method from the
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.builder.xml.SqlMapConfigParser. And we would
directly call OurSqlMapConfigParser().parse(reader) to do the configuration.

However, the addSqlMapNodelets() method is private. Would it make sense
for the iBATIS project to make this method protected (and in fact all
the add methods)? This would lead to overall greater control on how
iBATIS initializes.

Zsolt