ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is purpose of TypeHandler
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 06:44:29 GMT
Type handlers handle the translation between Java types and database types.
You can customize them, but you don't need to.  The advantage is that you
can deal with complex or unique types not supported by default.

You seem new to iBATIS, so to begin with, you will likely not have to worry
about it.  When you need a custom type handler, you'll know.  :-)

Clinton