ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chen, Tim" <Tim.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Conections Opened
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:40:58 GMT
I dont know jeff. larry will probably yell at me earlier if this is true.
but i know that i had the same problem till i started wrapping my code with:

.startTransaction();
.endTransaction();

________________________________

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 11:35 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Conections Opened

iBATIS handles opening and closing of connections automatically - this is one of the reasons
you use a framework like iBATIS!  You only need to close a connection if you open it explicitly
(vary rare in iBATIS).

You do need to end transactions, but again only if you start transactions.  If you don't write
a startTransaction method, then the transaction is automatic and you don't need to write an
endTransaction method.

So something else is strange here.

Jeff Butler