ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chen, Tim" <Tim.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: mysql and jboss support
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:02:45 GMT
Yes.. I am using JBoss 3.2.x no Spring and iBatis. I must be having
issues.
No nevermind wait.. I'm not.

________________________________

From: Alexander Sack [mailto:pisymbol@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:03 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: mysql and jboss support

Indeed it does, its more of a classloading issue of getting the side XML
resource within the EAR.  Yank Spring away and see what happens...I
filed an outstanding bug (was told too by them) with the JBoss group and
it maybe fixed in the top of tree.  As a workaround I had to set the
ContextClassLoader at runtime to get it to work without Spring which
sucks (btw using Spring isn't neccessarily bad either, it just seems
like overkill to me to hang an entire separate context for just an O/R
mapper on an app server (especially with Persistence API), though I
suppose you could use Spring's transaction framework instead of iBatis
which maybe more mature (not sure) and I'm going to guess but you are
probably using it for dependency injection and other neat things as
well).

There is a thread about it in the archives in case your
interested....(thanks again to EVERYONE on the list for giving me
feedback)...

-aps