ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isolation level support at the DAO framework level ...
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:31:31 GMT
I don't know why it wasn't done in the 2.0.9 time frame, but I've been
looking at it due to your JIRA ticket.  The truth is that this isn't that
easy to do.  The DAO framework supports DAOs for iBATIS SqlMaps, Hibernate,
Toplink, OJB, etc.  It is not so easy to set the isolation level
programmatically in all of these implementations.  Most of the
implementations have other ways to set this - typically in some
configuration setting.

If we add a method to the DaoManager interface to set isolation level,
someone would have to figure out how to do it programmatically in all the
other frameworks - either that or throw a bunch of
UnsupportedOperationExceptions.

If you could describe what you're trying to achieve then maybe we could help
you find a way to do it.

Jeff Butler