ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autoCommit
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:38:51 GMT
As I said, iBATIS is trying to avoid extra commits when they are not
needed.  So iBATIS sets auto commit to false, and then will commit the
transaction if an insert, update, or delete has been performed.  This works
in many environments, but not WebSphere.

This is precisely why there are options on the transaction managers -
because all the different environments work a little differently.

I added some information about this in the developer guide a few weeks ago.

Jeff Butler