ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <parameterMap> and <update> ???
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:28:34 GMT
Hold off on the JIRA issue - I just wrote a test and the select key DOES
honor the type handler if you specify it on the generated field.  This this
mapping worked in my test:

<insert id="testInsert" parameterClass="test.Animal">
  <selectKey resultClass="test.WierdKey" keyProperty="id">
    select max(id) + 1 from Animal <!-- bad practice - just for test -->
  </selectKey>
  insert into Animal values (#id,handler=test.WierdKeyHandler#, #type#,
#name#)
</insert>

Try it out.

Jeff Butler