ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Lingala, Sadasiva" <Sadasiva.Ling...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: HOW TO pass List of objects(a DTO) as single IN parameter to Stored Procedure
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:13:46 GMT
IMHO
Oracle allows passing a list of objects (collections) to procedures.
This is helpful in many cases where you need to pass a list of objects
to a procedure that have to be processed and then inserted to database
table. This will save some network round trips or IO between application
and database server. Low level interfaces like OCI/OCCI support this.
Unfortunately only way one can pass a list in JDBC is using ARRAY type.
This is not supported by some databases like Sybase. So I think the
inherent problem is in JDBC rather than ibatis.

_

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Debasish Dutta Roy [mailto:debasish.duttaroy@gmail.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:42 AM
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: Re: HOW TO pass List of objects(a DTO) as single IN
parameter to Stored Procedure

	Take a look at user defined types. When you use the stored
procedure, you need to define the parameter map. There you have the
option of specifying the types. I am still not sure, that you have a sp
which takes a List as a input parameter? and each element inside the
list is again a user defined object? Why???

	The sp is then so specific to your application and your objects.
Why would you want to do something like that. Seems it is not designed
properly.

	On 7/11/06, chaithanya ibatis <chaithanya.ibatis@gmail.com>