ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris Lamey" <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject RE: Oracle CONNECT BY parameter issue (bug?)
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:00:29 GMT
Hello,

To see the SQL iBATIS issues, you can set the "java.sql" category in a log4j config to DEBUG.
 For a log4j.properties with FILE appender, it'd look like this:

    log4j.category.java.sql=DEBUG, FILE

In a JBoss log4j.xml:

    <category name="java.sql">
       <priority value="DEBUG"/>
    </category>

Cheers,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Smith [mailto:rileympk@gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 7/31/2006 10:26 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org; lmeadors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Oracle CONNECT BY parameter issue (bug?)

Hard-coding the values in iBATIS, or doing the query through a
different client, brings the expected results. The only parameter that
doesn't work is the final #groupId#. For example, if #groupId# = 1500
and #ceId# = 1000, and I put the following query into iBATIS:

SELECT DISTINCT c.ce_depth_id, c.ce_depth_desc
           FROM   table_1 a,
                  table_2 c
           WHERE  a.absolute_depth = c.absolute_depth
           AND    a.group_id       = c.group_id
           AND    a.absolute_depth >= 1
           AND    a.group_id = #groupId#
           START WITH a.ce_id = #ceId#
           AND        a.group_id = #groupId#
           CONNECT BY a.parent_ce_id = PRIOR a.ce_id
           AND        a.group_id = 1500

It works. But using #groupId# in place of that final 1500 causes the
incorrect result. So as you can see, the first two instances of
#groupId# are correctly assigned the value of 1500. It is only the
#groupId# inside the CONNECT BY statement that doesn't get the value
(I don't know what value it's getting instead... how would I check
what query is actually being sent by iBATIS?)