ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Aaron Luke" <bluen...@gmail.com>
Subject ibatis, eclipse, and tomcat
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 05:24:27 GMT
Hi-

These are 2 newbie questions...  I searched everywhere for the answer... if
i do get the answer (if it didn't exist elsewhere), I promise to put it up
in a tutorial for people looking to do the same...

All I'm trying to do is make my way through the iBATIS SQLMaps tutorial (
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ibatis/ibatis.java/docs/iBATIS-SqlMaps-2-Tutorial.pdf),
but I'm trying to do this on Tomcat using an Eclipse environment.

The first problem is that I'm wondering where the best place to put the
MyAppSqlConfig instantiation if you are using just JSP... Do I just
instantiate a sqlMap at the top of each JSP page?  Or is there a better way
to do this?

The second problem is that I get an error from Eclipse in the IDE when I
enter the statement "import com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.*;" at the top of file
for a java class that is used by our jsp test page.  The error says that the
import cannot be resolved.  I have put both of the jar files (
ibatis-sqlmap-2.jar and ibatis-common-2.jar) in the WEB-INF/lib directory by
drag-n-drop into the IDE.  That didn't work so I also put both of the jar
files in the tomcat/shared/lib directory as well... that didn't work
either... what's wrong?  sorry i know this is more of an eclipse/tomcat
question...

Thank you for any help in advance...  we are evaluating the ability of Java
to do quick-and-dirty prototyping and iBATIS/Eclipse/Tomcat look like they
have a lot of potential compared to what we usually use (Perl, Python, etc),
in additional to being able to grow into a large-scale system...  It's just
the learning curve...

Thanks-
Aaron