ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sumanta Ghosh <sumant...@tcs.com>
Subject Usage of Reflection
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:09:36 GMT

Hi,
   We have started a new project where I have proposed IBATIS. But since
IBATIS uses reflection to populate result or parameters, people are raising
concerns. Now we have decided to go with either of the 2 options: -
         1. Using Maps for result and parameters and then populating the
Entities from Maps (e.g. Entities will have a setAttributes(Map attrs)
method where a Entity will set its attributes from the Map) - but here the
concern is slowness of Map and also more coding, as in each Entity we have
to implement setAttributes(Map attrs) method.
         2. Using Entities as result and parameters - but here concern is
usage of reflection.
      Which option to go with?  Please advice.
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.