ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Batch question.
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:49:58 GMT
Hi, everyone.

Did not know whether this fit in with recent question on iBatis batch
support :-) , so I just sent a separate email.

Is there any rule-of-thumb for determining when to use batch within a
transaction?  I have a shopping cart application and, when the user goes
through checkout, there are a number of inserts, updates and deletes for
each item in the cart that are performed.  Right now, I just put them
all between start, commit and end transaction tags.  It works fine this
way with rollback happening cleanly, when needed.  I don't think there
will ever be a large number of items at any one time to in a user's
shopping cart, but was wondering if it is still a "best practice" to put
inside batch tags as well.

Always try to keep up on "best practices".  ;-)

Thanks,

Al