ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fred Janon <fja...@yahoo.com>
Subject Same Connection Guaranteed during a Transaction?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:35:22 GMT
I am trying to get the last_insert_id() in mySQL after an insert. I read
in a forum that during a transaction, the same connection was guaranteed
to be used for the duration of the transaction. That's not my experience
using Spring and iBatis 1.3.1. Using the code below, I get 2 different
connection ids. I am a bit lost with the concept of a transaction if the
connection is not maintained.

Any comments?

Thanks

Fred

getSqlMap().startTransaction();
connectionId =
(Integer)getSqlMapTemplate().executeQueryForObject("ConnectionId",null);
System.out.println("iBatisTasks createTask connectionId: " + connectionId);

getSqlMapTemplate().executeUpdate("createTask", task);

Integer taskId = new Integer(0);
taskId =
(Integer)getSqlMapTemplate().executeQueryForObject("lastTaskId",null);
System.out.println(">>>>>>>>>> iBatisTasks createTask id: "
+ taskId);

connectionId =
(Integer)getSqlMapTemplate().executeQueryForObject("ConnectionId",null);
System.out.println("iBatisTasks createTask connectionId: " + connectionId);

getSqlMap().commitTransaction();