ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vadim Grinshpun <va...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject locating errors in SqlMap
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:20:30 GMT
Hi all,

in a situation where iBATIS's parser throws an exception, is there a way
to tell which part of the sql map being parsed is actually the culprit?
The error shown in the exception is too vague, and doesn't point to a
particular file/line/xml element/whatnot. Specifically, I have a case of
a "no readable property named FOO", but the FOO in question is being
used in a number of places, a number of which have just been modified. I
could try to track it down by commenting out different parts of the map
to see which part(s) make the error go appear/go away, but I was hoping
there might be a more intelligent way to approach this.

If there isn't a better way to do this currently, is it feasible to add
better error reporting facilities into the parser, and are there any
plans to do so?

Thanks for any advice.
-Vadim