ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Debasish Dutta Roy" <debasish.dutta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transaction help update
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:43:57 GMT
There is a PDF file about the dao manager. It is a very good one. Also if
you are aware of J2EE design patterns, then you will be easily able to map
the documents and the ideas. That will help you design your applications
nicely.

In short, using a DAO Manager is like using a service layer. That way you
can play with the several units of work.

If you are a project manager and if you have 3 developers coding 3 modules
for you, you do not deliver anything unless all 3 are done. You pull the
strings and allot work and schedule and resources etc. in a most optimized
manner so that the end product is complete and done in best possible manner.
You know the dependancies, PKs and FKs of your 3 developers. You are the DAO
Manager or the Business Delegate or the Service Layer or the Facade or the
Boss :), whatever you want to call it. Your 3 developers are your sql map
clients.