ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "O'Connor, Daniel" <daniel.ocon...@ie.fid-intl.com>
Subject Persistance of resizable configuration map
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:56:31 GMT

Hi All,

I am trying to persist an object which has as one of its parameters a map of
configuration values which are different based on the implementation of the
object.

The database solution I have come up with  for this involves having 15
placeholders in one table and a type_id field which references a types table
with the names of each of the map parameters for each implementation.

I know this is a clunky database approach, but I would like the number of
implementations to be extensible and also the specific configuration values
to be searchable at some stage in the future.

I hope this makes sense, Is there a way in iBatis to achieve this kind of
persistence?

If I were to use a standard JDBC dao I would select appropriate type and do
a map.get() for each of the configuration parameter names.

I'm not sure how to do this in iBatis?

Thanks,
Danny.