ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eric T. Blue" <ericblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No tree support in iBatis RE: It worked (kinda) RE: One solution to self-join, new feature request.... RE: Employee self-join one to many relationship (iBatis)
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:55:47 GMT
Rick,

For what it's worth, I also tried building a tree a while ago using a combo
of SQL and abstracting some code in the DAO (No RowHandler or anything like
that).  Because some of these trees were going to be potentially very large
(a couple hundred thousand items), and I was not using a cache-model I opted
to do this in code.  I basically execute a single query to return a List of
objects, each containing an id and parent id property.  Then I used the
Jenkov TreeTag library (
http://java-source.net/open-source/jsp-tag-libraries/prize-tags)  to iterate
over the collection and build the tree.  This is primarily used for building
trees in JSP, but you can use the public API just fine.

P.S. It looks like the jenkov.com site is down right now.  But if you're
interested in some sample code I'd be more than happy to mail off-list.