ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Leandro Saad" <leandro.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of Reflection
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:31:58 GMT
I would not be concerned about reflection speed issues since sun has put a
lot of effort to make it more fast. Most of the ORM tools I know (not only
in Java) use reflection to populate beans from the result set, so reflection
is not something you can avoid using these tools.

You could write a simple test to compare calling your setters and using
reflection. Do you know the beanutils package?

This is what I have in my mind.
<java>
//TODO: track time
Map values = new HashMap();
values.put(FIELD_NAME,FIELD_VALUE);
for(int i=0 ; i< 1000000 ; i++)
{
  Bean bean = new Bean();
  BeanUtils.populate(bean,values);
}
//TODO: track time
for(int i=0 ; i< 1000000 ; i++)
{
  Bean bean = new Bean();
  bean.setXX(values.get(XX));
}
//TODO: track time
</java>

This should give you an idea o reflection speed.
--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
CTO - InterBusiness Technologies