ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jane Phillips <jane22...@yahoo.com>
Subject 1 to N in queryForObject()
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:02:38 GMT
Hi, I am new to iBatis. I have a question for one of my query. I have tables:

  1.  Product
      -- product_id
      -- product_description
      -- product_name

  2. Items
      -- item_id
      -- product_id
      -- item_description
      -- item_name

  The relationship is one product can have many items. query I would like to do is :
  <sqlMap>
  <select id="getProductItems" resultClass="com.abc.products">

  SELECT product_id, product_description,product_name, item_name from product a, items b WHERE
a.product_id = b.product_id and a.product_id = #id#
  </select>
  </sqlMap>

  in java, com.abc.products:

  String product_name;
  String product_description;
  String product_id;
  String[] item_name;
  and all the getXXX and setXXX methods.

  The goal is run this query using queryForObject() to get one product and all its items to
a products object instead of queryForList() to get collection of product object with duplicate
product_name, product_description and product_id. Is it feasible? And how to config the sqlMap
or other things to do it ?

  Please advise

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com.  Check it out.