ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Fred Janon <fja...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re-Post:: Same Connection Guaranteed during a Transaction?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:46:21 GMT
Sorry for the repost, but I am atill looking for an answer to my
question. Basically I need to do an INSERT and get the ID (PK) of the
insert in mySQL. MySQL has the "last_insert_id()" function to do that
but it has to be executed in the same connection as the INSERT,
otherwise it returns 0. I have 2 mapped statements in my XML maps, one
to do the insert and one to do the last_insert_id(). I need to find a
way to execute them in the same connection. I tried to include the 2
stements in a transaction but they are still executed in 2 connections.

Thanks,

Fred

--- Fred Janon <fjanon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get the last_insert_id() in mySQL after an insert. I
> read
> in a forum that during a transaction, the same connection was
> guaranteed
> to be used for the duration of the transaction. That's not my
> experience
> using Spring and iBatis 1.3.1. Using the code below, I get 2
> different
> connection ids. I am a bit lost with the concept of a transaction if
> the
> connection is not maintained.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
> getSqlMap().startTransaction();
> connectionId =

(Integer)getSqlMapTemplate().executeQueryForObject("ConnectionId",null);
> System.out.println("iBatisTasks createTask connectionId: " +
> connectionId);
>
> getSqlMapTemplate().executeUpdate("createTask", task);
>
> Integer taskId = new Integer(0);
> taskId =

(Integer)getSqlMapTemplate().executeQueryForObject("lastTaskId",null);
> System.out.println(">>>>>>>>>> iBatisTasks createTask id:
" +