ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christina Xu <chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically passing username/password while create JDBC connection in buildDaoManager
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:15:01 GMT
How could I put username/password in dao.xml file?

in dao.xml file I have:

<!DOCTYPE daoConfig PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD
DAO Configuration
2.0//EN" "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/dao-2.dtd">
<daoConfig>
     <context>
         <transactionManager type="SQLMAP">
             <property name="SqlMapConfigResource"
value="sql-map-config.xml"/>
         </transactionManager>

         <dao interface="com.abc.dao.ContentOrderDao"

implementation="com.abc.dao.sqlmap.SqlMapDao"/>
     </context>

</daoConfig>

in sql-map-config.xml file I have:
<sqlMapConfig>
  <properties resource="dataSource.properties" />
</sqlMapConfig>

So When I put username/password to
dataSource.properties file it works fine. BUT, but
when I put EMPTY username/password (just for
placehold) or fake username/password in
dataSource.properties it brakes.

driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
url=jdbc.oracle.thin:@hostname:1521:SID
username=
password=

The way IBATIS behaive looks like to me it didn't take
the properties passing to the
DaoManagerBuilder.buildDaoManager(reader, properties).

in java I have:

Properties daoProp = new Properties();
daoProp.put("JDBC.username", username);
daoProp.put("JDBC.password", password);

Reader reader =
Resources.getResourceAsReader(dbSource);
daoManager = DaoManagerBuilder.buildDaoManager(reader,
daoProp);

Should IBatis get this JDBC.username and JDBC.password
from daoProp instead of .xml or other property files.

Thanks, Help is really needed .