ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christina Xu <chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamically passing username/password while create JDBC connection in buildDaoManager
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:42:10 GMT
Hello All,

I have a requirement to Dynamic set username/password
when create JDBC connection. So what I have is :

<sqlmapConfig>
   <properties resource="dataSourse.properties" />
   <transactionManager type="JDBC" >
      <dataSource type="SIMPLE" >
      <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="${driver}"
/>
      <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="${url}" />
      <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit"
value="false" />
    </dataSource>
   </transactionManager>
</sqlMapConfig>

In java,

public void loadDaoManager(String username, String
password) {

String dbSource="dao.xml"
Properties daoProp = new Properties();
daoProp.put("JDBC.username", username);
daoProp.put("JDBC.password", password);

Reader reader =
Resources.getResourceAsReader(dbSource);
daoManager =
DaoManagerBuilder.buildDaoManager(reader.daoProp);

}

When I run this, I got Error
"com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException:
SimpleDataSource: Some properties were not set."

My question is is it possible to Dynamic give
username/password in the properties instead hardcode
in .xml file? If yes, can someone give me direction on
how? Thanks a lot.