ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "rs" <rustyst...@myway.com>
Subject Re: how can i use mutiple transction in thread?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 22:38:56 GMT

Was actually planning to use SqlMapClient.openSession() myself. The intent, for us at least,
is to have multiple independent transactions in the same thread. For example, one doesn't
want logging messages to be rolled back when main business logic fails. Hence, you need a
new separate transaction (provided by a local session) for the logging.

Not a good news if it does work.

---- On Thu 07/06, Jeff Butler < jeffgbutler@gmail.com > wrote:

> Are you sure about this?  The session is stored as ThreadLocal in
> SqlMapClientImpl - there is no provision I can see for having more than one
> open session.  Was that the original intent?

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.