ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Possible wrong behavior in ibatis?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 04:20:45 GMT
In my opinion, I came across an unexpected behavior in ibatis. I am pretty confident this a
bug, but I want to get other people's opinion.

Here's my scenario:

1) My class PersonImpl is an implementation of the Person interface.
2) An instance of PersonImpl is injected into User.
3) An ibatis result map creates a User, a PersonImpl, and sets the PersonImpl into User.

I have two problems with #3.

First, ibatis forces me to have an explicit setPerson(PersonImpl) -- my setPerson(Person)
will not do. Doh! This is peculiar. I believe ibatis should inspect the interfaces of PersonImpl
and see if it can match up any interfaces with the setters.

Second, I added my explicit setPerson(PersonImpl). That should work, right? Well it doesn't
because I still require the overloaded setPerson(Person), and ibatis finds that first and
complains about "no WRITABLE property" existing.

How do I overcome this problem?

Paul

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.