ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abator vs. iBATIS....Brandon and Larry were right....doh.
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:09:16 GMT
>> Wow - your first e-mail about this in 6 months since Abator came out.

It's the first of a very specific kind: 1) personal and 2) confused about
abator.

>> That doesn't sounds like an epidemic of confusion to me.

Are you suggestiong we wait until it is?  Abator has been successful and
that's a good thing.  But we don't want any confusion around Abator's role
and dependencies of iBATIS.  There's also a clear difference of philosophy,
as I've described before.  Abator is a code generator, something I hoped to
avoid with iBATIS.  But as iBATIS grew it came into its own level of
redundancy, which Abator does a nice job of dealing with.

But going forward, we don't want people to think iBATIS == code generation.

>> But you have as much access to the web site as I do.  If you've got a
clarifying statement you want to add somewhere, then feel free.

Will do.

Cheers,
Clinton