ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Abator vs. iBATIS....Brandon and Larry were right....doh.
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:34:24 GMT
Okay...so today I got my first personal email from a very confused user:

---------------------------
Dear sir,

    i'm new to ibatis.thru abator i generated files such as,2 dao classes,3
java classes and 1 sql map file for each table.inorder to retrieve data from
a table anddisplay vat i have to do.i'm nt getting any idea by seeing
JpetStore.that is different from the files created by abator 4 me.

Okay, so there's a clear language issue.  But beyond that, this person does
not understand that Abator is NOT iBATIS (and vice versa).

Jeff:  Can you suggest a way to clarify that Abator and similar tools are
not required, nor are they a "part" of iBATIS?

Tools are very valuable, but we must ensure that iBATIS remains independent
and that everyone understands the boundaries.

Cheers,
Clinton