ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATS & CGLIB
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:58:24 GMT
Can you explain the timings?  Certainly it didn't take 31 hours to insert
the records! I understand that in some countries the comma (",") is used
where I would use a decimal (".").  So if my understanding is correct:

   - We're talking 111 seconds for 5000 records, which is an about
0.0222seconds -- pretty darn fast.
   - Furthermore, it looks like it's scaling linearly, which is a good
   thing.
   - I don't think CGLIB will help you.
   - Ensuring that you're managing transactions efficiently is key
   (although 5000+ records may be too big for many transaction logs).
   - Batch updates will probably help you.

Here's a related post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg04760.html

Cheers,