ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chen, Tim" <Tim.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Selling iBatis to the skeptics
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:44:00 GMT
Start the meeting with a presentation on EJB3 ...ummm... I mean
Hibernate.
In the end if they don't get it they don't get it.
Tough cookies. You know people are still using scriplets on jsp pages?

-----Original Message-----
From: jaybytez [mailto:jaybytez@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 6:05 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Selling iBatis to the skeptics

I am setting up a brown bag session on Tuesday with two of the
successful apps that I have built with iBatis.  I am trying to find good
resources to help me convince others in our group of the benefits of
iBatis.  The developers I have to be concerned with are primarily J2EE
only developers who like Entity Beans and don't understand the need for
this iBatis thing and its XML.  I on the other hand, have found the
benefits of abstraction, reduction in boilerplate code, and simplified
testing.  Any other items or specific subjects I should discuss in
selling iBatis to J2EE developers?

Thanks!

jay blanton