ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dodo" <j2eed...@gmail.com>
Subject general practice of adding add-on classes to an existing package in appfuse?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 01:19:30 GMT
Hi gang,

What's the general practice of adding an add-on classes to an existing package in appfuse?

BTW, I don't want to touch the existing jar files in lib in this case.

For example, if I want to add some classes to an existing jar file from lib dir, say ibatis.jar,
and I want to make the add-on classes reusable in other projects, not just current one,
so putting it under src/web or src/dao or src/service, although works, is not preferable
as the add-on classes' package name will have to be changed from project to project.

Putting it straight under src seem to cause some compilation probelm from my memory.
Looks like build.xml needs to be tweaked, also not good solution (ok, I dunno how and lazy)

I suppose I can always default back to adding it under src/dao/... and change package
name to those add-on classes in different project but was wandering if there is a better way.

Thanks,

Samuel