ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Cornel Antohi" <cant...@kepler-rominfo.com>
Subject Re: autoCommit
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:32:42 GMT
Hi Jeff,

In order to avoid extra commits, shouldn't iBatis do:

connection.setAutoCommit(true); ?

But iBatis always make connection.setAutoCommit(false) which means that we have to perform
a connection.commit() at the end ... I do not understand why iBatis is ALWAYS making:
connection.setAutoCommit(false);

What is the reason?

Thank you,
Cornel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Butler
  To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 3:09 PM
  Subject: Re: autoCommit

  iBATIS is trying to avoid extra commits when they are not needed, but that doesn't play
well with WebSphere.  This is a "feature" of WebSphere.  See here:

  http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Environment+Specific+Information

  Other transaction managers are a little looser in their implementations.

  In other words - that's just the way it is.

  Jeff Butler