ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Websphere 6 + iBatis + DB2 iSeries problem
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:32:49 GMT
I doubt this is an iBATIS issue.  We have a large appliation using WAS6,
DB2, iBATIS and don't see these problems.

With your transaction configuration you are relying on WebSphere to commit
the transactions.  To me, this implies you are using EJBs - so I would check
the EJB configuration first to see if you've properly configured the
transactional behavior of the EJBs.

If you are not using EJBs, then this transaction configuration is not
appropriate on WebSphere - unless you've configured some proprietary
WebSphere extensions to deal with container managed transactions with
servlets.  If you are not using EJBs, then this is a more appropriate
transaction configuration:

<transactionManager type="JTA" commitRequired="true">
  <property name="UserTransaction" value="java:comp/UserTransaction"/>
  <dataSource type="JNDI">
    <property name="DataSource" value="${DBSOURCE}"/>
  </dataSource>
</transactionManager>

Jeff Butler