ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rollback Issues
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:21:06 GMT
commitRequired isn't in the documentation (yet).  It is mentioned in a WIKI
entry here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Environment+Specific+Information

But it is mentioned as something WebSphere specific which is misleading.
I'll try to get something in the PDF documentation soon.

You can add whatever you want to an Abator generated class.  If you're using
the Eclipse plugin, then Abator will ignore whatever you've added on
subsequent generation runs and the methods will persist.  If you're not
using Eclipse, then you would need to merge these methods back in after
subsequent generation runs.

Jeff Butler

On 6/16/06, Tony Qian <daqiqian2@aol.com> wrote:

> [...]
> if you explictely call the commitTransaction() method.  The solution is to
> add the attribute commitRequired="true" to the transactionManager element in
> your SqlMapConfig.xml file.
>
> Jeff Butler
>

> On 6/15/06, Tony Qian <daqiqian2@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Jeff,
> >
> > Since you mentioned stored procedure and transaction, I have encountered
> > a strange situation when using MySQL stored procedure. In my stored
> > procedure, I do some update to the records in a table then select all those
> > rows get updated. In my Dao, I call QueryForList to retrieve the records.
> > Everything works perfectly fine ( I got correct result set) until I went to
> > database and found that all updates were not committed. I have to commit the
> > update in my stored procedure.
> >
> > Is it true that all QueryForList or QueryForObject will NOT do commit?
> > That makes sense for 'regular query'. But, we can combine anything inside
> > stored procedure. This is not correct behavior. One way to solve this
> > problem is to use daoManager.startTransaction () etc. to force commit. I
> > haven't tried that yet. Don't know if it will work.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tony
> >
> > Jeff Butler wrote on 6/15/2006, 1:14 PM:
> >
> > The plot thickens...
> >
> > I seem to remember that there is something unusual with Oracle stored
> > procedures and transactions.  Sounds to me like the stored procedure call is
> > causing a commit somehow.  You could try some other combination of
> > statements without a SP call just to check.  I'm not an Oracle person so
> > maybe someone else could jump in who's had some experience with stored
> > procedures and transactions in Oracle.
> >
> > Also, what I meant from question 2 was this - what is the actual
> > exception you are seeing at runtime that bypasses the commit?  Maybe there
> > is some useful information in that exception?
> >
> > Jeff Butler
> >

> > On 6/15/06, Debasish Dutta Roy < debasish.duttaroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > OK. Here are the answers
> > >
> > > 1. First one is an insert & second one is a stored proc call. The
> > > first one populates the REQUEST table and the second one gets a number based
> > > on the request id.
> > > 2. Dao1 and DAO2 catches SQLException and throws DAOException (my
> > > exception, not iBATIS DAOException).
> > >     This DAOException is caught in the catch block and thrown as a
> > > business exception. say RequestFailureException
> > > 3. Sampling from my dao.xml
> > >

> > >     <context>
> > >         <transactionManager type="SQLMAP">
> > >             <property name="SqlMapConfigResource" value="xml/sql-
> > > map-config.xml"/>
> > >         </transactionManager>
> > >
> > >         <!-- DAO declarations -->
> > >         <dao interface=" com.novartis.phoenix.db.dao.RequestDAO"
> > >             implementation="com.mydao.sqlmap.SqlMapRequestDAOImpl "/>
> > >         <dao interface=" com.novartis.phoenix.db.dao.GOSDAO"
> > >             implementation=" com.mydao.sqlmap.SqlMapGOSDAOImpl"/>

I am using