ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yusuf" <Yu...@ekalife.co.id>
Subject RE: sql map via Java API
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:33:32 GMT
just my opinion,
but what's the point of using iBatis if you wanted to build a statement
at runtime?
maybe you can just use simple jdbc?

yusuf

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwin Lukaweski [mailto:serjann@rogers.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 3:28 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: sql map via Java API

Yes - good one!!!

    However, just to carry this a bit further, ideally, I would like to
have
iBatis prepare this once and then use the prepared statement.

    As I understand it, 'remapResults=true' will force a lot of work due
examining the result set meta data. Also, I would imagine that the
$generatedSqlStatement$ will also be prepared on each call.

    I guess I could go straight to the JDBC driver but will that
interfere
with iBatis' operation?

Thanks,
Edwin