ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Geoff Hollingworth" <eusho...@hotmail.com>
Subject Abator, Ibatis, Blob, getBinaryStream
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:28:48 GMT
Hi

I have successfully gerenated a DAO ibatos interface using Abator that
contains a BLOB field.
I see the getter/setter methods for getting this data.  My concern is that
this approach seems to first read the whole BLOB into memory and then i pass
it out to an outstream.  The servlet is simply serving an image from the
database.  The files could be quite big and i could have many users in
parallel.  I am concerned about running out of memory.
I see in basis resultset you can use getBinaryStream on the blob and then
read in and out as normal.

Can someone help me understand how to do this with Abator/Ibatis or whether
in reality i will not have a problem?

thanks
/g