ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tarek Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@tco.ae>
Subject RE: Enabling Logging
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:03:24 GMT
But Jeff, isn't that how commons logging is used? If you have commons
logging, you will probably also have log4j or some other implementation.
Log4j/JDK 1.4 logging will be responsible for configuration and actually
doing the logging, commons logging is just a layer above that.

________________________________

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:34 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Enabling Logging

It's also good to remember that iBATIS will use commons logging if it
finds it in the classpath (for example, WebSphere has commons logging on
the application server classpath QED iBATIS allways uses commons logging
on WebSphere).

The search order for log implementations is:

1. commons logging
2. log4j
3. JDK 1.4 logging

iBATIS will use the first one it finds.

Whenever there's a problem with iBATIS seeming to ignore the
log4j.properties file I always think that iBATIS is trying to use
commons logging instead.

So look to see if commons logging is in the classpath somewhere - that's
probably the problem.

Jeff Butler