ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Bernard Lavallee" <lavall...@VSAC.org>
Subject Not able to access metadata through Ibatis
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:27:19 GMT
I've been trying to query a DB2 database for column names using the
following:

             Select COLUMN_NAME from QSYS2.COLUMNS WHERE (TABLE_NAME =3D

 'VART00P') AND (TABLE_SCHEMA =3D 'GSIS')

             Or

             SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE
(TABLE_NAME =3D 'VART00P') AND (TABLE_SCHEMA =3D 'GSIS')

It seems to balk at the .COLUMNS piece by saying it's not valid. Perhaps
the fact that these are all views rather than physical tables is the
issue but I'm not sure. The above SQL works in the SQL client software I
use on my desktop such as Squirrel and DBVisualizer. Any thoughts????

Bernie Lavallee

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may include privileged or otherwise confidential information.  Any unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.

If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.