ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Poitras Christian" <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: database identity (or surrogate key) for equals()
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:22:57 GMT
Thanks for your comment in hibernate in action. I will read this soon.

I guess the worst pitfall may be that as long as your data is not
inserted (like if you call 'new YourClass()'), there is no way to
compare 2 objects...

Maybe you would need some type of comparator for non-inserted objects...

________________________________

From: Dodo [mailto:j2eedodo@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 June 2006 21:48
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: database identity (or surrogate key) for equals()

Hi,

I am thinking of using surrogate key (the one generated by
database) to implement equals() of domain object for ibatis.

Now is there any pitfall I need to know???

Anyone doing things this way??

Although 'Hibernate in Action' said this is a bad idea but
I only want to compare objects that have id so I guess
this shud be ok.

Thanks,

Sam