ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From jaybytez <jayby...@gmail.com>
Subject commitRequired?, DefaultAutoCommit?, SetAutoCommitAllowed?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:25:26 GMT

What do these fields do in relation to allowing CMT to handle transactions in
iBatis?

The documentation is not totally clear, and from posts that I have read, I
am not sure if there is conflicting information.  Does
commitRequired="false" mean the container handles the transaction without
iBatis interaction, or does commitRequired="true" with DefaultAutoCommit and
SetAutoCommitAllowed mean the container handles the transactions without
iBatis.

Here are my two configs and I cannot tell what the difference is regarding
transactions:

This is my original configuration:

    <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL" commitRequired="false">
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property name="DataSource" value="${fooPool.JNDIName}" />
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>

This appears to be the suggested configuration:

    <transactionManager type="EXTERNAL" commitRequired="true">
        <property name="DefaultAutoCommit" value="false"/>
        <property name="SetAutoCommitAllowed" value="false"/>
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
            <property name="DataSource" value="${fooPool.JNDIName}" />
        </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>

Thanks,

jay blanton
Sent from the iBATIS - User - Java forum at Nabble.com.