ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Morone, Bill" <Morone.B...@pennmutual.com>
Subject RE: When returning mutiple objects and transforming "directly to xml
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:57:10 GMT
Gentlemen:

I do thank you and believe you have a fine thing going. Like I said I created a very clean
little design that basically uses the xml objects emitted by iBATIS and transforms them anyway
you want (great for little docs). I'd like to see stuff move a little forward -- I'll help!!!

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 9:45 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: When returning mutiple objects and transforming "directly to xml

Hi Bill,

It will probably go away in version 3.0.  We'd never remove a feature from the current major
version.  It will continue to be supported in 2.0.

In it's place we'll likely either suggest or build-in second stage xml support, for turning
classes, beans and maps into XML.  That will allow you to map them to domain objects AND convert
them to XML.  Plus, there are already a number of XML libraries that support exactly that.
 The current implementation creates too much complexity in the implementation, yet offers
little additonal value over the formerly described approach.

Don't worry though, we'll always help you upgrade.  Even if it doesn't exist in 3.0, we'll
have a suggested upgrade path that shouldn't leave you floundering.

Cheers,
Clinton