ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rob van der Leek <...@ricardis.tudelft.nl>
Subject Abator and XML namespaces
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:54:00 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using Abator (0.6.5) to generate the models, SQL maps and
Spring-based DAO's for my database connection based on iBATIS (2.1.7).

The sql maps that abator generates have unique namespaces, for example:

<sqlMap namespace="country">
	<select id="abatorgenerated_selectByPrimaryKey" ...
</sqlMap>

The spring-based dao's that abator generates contain references to
operations defined in the sql maps like this:

getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForObject("country.abatorgenerated_selectByPrimaryKey",
key);

(the getSqlMapClientTemplate() method is implemented in the spring
framework, I'm using Spring 1.2.8)

If I'm using a dao like this:

CountryDAO countryDAO = (CountryDAO)context.getBean("countryDAO");
Country country = countryDAO.selectByPrimaryKey(key);

I'm getting the following exception:

  com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapException: There is no statement named
countries.abatorgenerated_selectByPrimaryKey in this SqlMap.

It looks like iBATIS ignores the namespace definition in the sql map,
because everything works fine if I change the call in the dao to:

getSqlMapClientTemplate().queryForObject("abatorgenerated_selectByPrimaryKey",
key);

I'm only using iBATIS & abator for two days now, so if I supplied the
wrong or insufficient/confusing info please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Rob