ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vadim Grinshpun <va...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject flexible queries?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:57:40 GMT
Hi everyone,

Suppose I have a query where I want a join to be performed only if *one
or more* of a set of parameters are present.
Is there a way in SqlMaps to do something like this? (below is an
example snippet of  what I'd like to do, using some pseudocode in the
first <dynamic> section):

SELECT * FROM
    table_foo f, table_bar b
   <dynamic> <!-- if any of the params in the conditional are defined,
add one more table to join -->
      <if>
        <or>
          <isEqual property="X.defined" compareValue="true" >
          <isEqual property="X.defined" compareValue="true"  >
        </or>
       <then>, table_baz z</then>
      </if>
   </dynamic>
   WHERE f.field = b.field
   <dynamic>
     <isEqual property="X.defined" compareValue="true" prepend="AND"
 >z.x_field > #X.value#</isEqual>
     <isEqual property="Y.defined" compareValue="true" prepend="AND"
 >z.y_field = #Y.value#</isEqual>
  </dynamic>

Thanks,
--Vadim