ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sven Boden <list...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: DB2 As400 stored procedure with cursor
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:22:22 GMT

iBATIS doesn't use "scrollable cursors", it doesn't keep state of the
ResultSet in between calls. So beforeFirst() should be irrelevant. If
iBATIS opens the ResultSet it will start by reading the first row, then
the next one, until the end, close the ResultSet and then queryForList
returns. On the other hand I've never done anything with stored
procedures on an AS400... so maybe it's a broken/non standard thing for
AS400 (which then won't work with iBATIS), in Oracle I never had
problems with it.

But did you try to already try to run the query/stored procedure outside
of iBATIS?

Regards,
Sven

Cornel Antohi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Using pure JDBC (JT400) , stored procedures using CURSOR should be used like that in order
to fetch the first row:

>ctmt = con.prepareCall("{call FPRPR_SEARCHPRODUCTS(?,?)}", ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
>rs.beforeFirst();
>
>Can iBATIS do that or should I use JDBC for this task?
>We are using iBATIS but such kind of stuff that cannot be done (or I do not know the correct
iBATIS solution) are very painful.

>Thank you for your prompt answer,
>Cornel Antohi

results with queryForList(). Unfortunatelly I receive the results without the first row (first
row it is skipped). Any solution to this issue?