ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ted Schrader" <tschra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Appending strings to query
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:38:12 GMT
Hi Cristiano,

No, it's not too much to expect.  I've had to do something similar,
although probably not as complicated as your situation.

Here's an example:

SELECT NUMBER, DESCRIPTION
  FROM $dbName$.ITEMS

My application spans multiple databases (actually, multiple iSeries
libraries) and this has worked out okay, since all of our ITEMS tables
have identical definitions (not my schema!).

Note that we have to use the $ symbol, not #.  Also, when using $, be
sure your values are SQL-escaped to avoid injection attacks.  In my
case, the dbName variable is managed internally by the application.

Also, I recommend you get familiar with the remapResults="true"
setting in case it applies to your situation:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3057

Cheers!

Ted