ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rick" <ricks_mailingli...@arc-mind.com>
Subject RE: How do you map a Java boolean property to a VARCHAR(1) that contains 'Y' or 'N'?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:28:23 GMT
I found the answer (just by trial and error no documentation per se).

Can you tell me if there is a easier/better way?

I created a custom type handler and used it as follows:

      <resultMap id="contacts" class="qcom.cas.mysourcej.poc.model.Contact">

            <result property="name" column="contact_name"/>

            <result property="primaryContact" column="primary_contact"

typeHandler="qcom.cas.commons.ibatis.typehandler.StringBooleanTypeHandler"
/>

      </resultMap>

package qcom.cas.commons.ibatis.typehandler;

import java.sql.CallableStatement;

import java.sql.PreparedStatement;

import java.sql.ResultSet;

import java.sql.SQLException;

import com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.TypeHandler;

public class StringBooleanTypeHandler implements TypeHandler {

            public void setParameter(PreparedStatement ps, int position,
Object value,

                                    String jdbcType) throws SQLException {

                        Boolean bValue = (Boolean) value;

                        ps.setString(position, bValue.booleanValue() ? "Y" :
"N");

            }

            public Object getResult(ResultSet rs, String name) throws
SQLException {

                        return valueOf(rs.getString(name));

            }

            public Object getResult(ResultSet rs, int position) throws
SQLException {

                        return valueOf(rs.getString(position));

            }

            public Object getResult(CallableStatement cs, int position)

                                    throws SQLException {

                        return valueOf(cs.getString(position));

            }

            public Object valueOf(String value) {

                        if (value.equals("Y")) {

                                    return Boolean.TRUE;

                        } else {

                                    return Boolean.FALSE;

                        }

            }

            public boolean equals(Object value1, String value2) {

                        return valueOf(value2).equals(value1);

            }

}

Can you tell me if there is a easier/better way?

  _____

      <resultMap id="contacts" class="qcom.cas.mysourcej.poc.model.Contact">

            <result property="name" column="contact_name"/>

            <result property="primaryContact" column="primary_contact" />

      </resultMap>

The class Contact has a primaryContact field is boolean

The result set is from a column that is equal to 'Y' or 'N' in the database.

Is there a way to map a boolean property (primitive) to a VARCHAR(1) NOT
NULL column (that has either a 'Y' or a 'N')?

This is a legacy database and there is no way I can change the table. I
could change the query.

BTW I am new to iBatis, and I got it talking to a legacy db. I also setup
relationships fairly easily.

I did notice the typeHandler attribute of resultMap but this is not
documented in the dtd or user documents.