ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Obsfucation in iBatis xml file
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:09:41 GMT
Larry, why would it slow me down? :-) Configuration files are read once and thrown away. If
it is slower to boot up, oh well, the 2 AM deployment team is going to have to stay up a few
more minutes! hehe. But seriously, encrypting the file is only a pre-cautionary safe-guard;
decrypting probably also requires a key to be stored somewhere so if that is also found on
the file system, I am toast (point granted). But if someone managed to steal the jar only,
they can't do a thing. -- Paul

Larry Meadors <lmeadors@apache.org> wrote: You know, if someone has access to your filesystem,
encrypting that
file is just going to slow you down, not them.

I would focus on securing the filesystem so that only the one user
that needs access to it has access to it, and letting it protect you.

Encrypting that file IMO is a total waste of time.

Larry