ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "rs" <rustyst...@myway.com>
Subject Re: Modified state verification
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:53:06 GMT

Interesting idea. I'm a bit hesitant to use CGLIB for that though due to a weird problem I
had with a double-sided 1:M relationship and CGLIB. It appeared that with CGLIB enabled, a
lazy-loaded object was not loaded properly, it looked like it was just created by calling
the default constructor, e.g., "new MyObject()", but not actually loaded.

So currently I have CGLIB disabled.

 --- On Sat 06/17, Larry Meadors < lmeadors@apache.org > wrote:
I believe that Hibernate does it by wrapping the beans with CGLIB, and
catching calls to the setXxx() methods, and setting a dirty flag if
one is called. I have not tried doing that myself, but suspect that it
can be done...

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.