ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When returning mutiple objects and transforming "directly to xml
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:44:32 GMT
Hi Bill,

It will probably go away in version 3.0.  We'd never remove a feature from
the current major version.  It will continue to be supported in 2.0.

In it's place we'll likely either suggest or build-in second stage xml
support, for turning classes, beans and maps into XML.  That will allow you
to map them to domain objects AND convert them to XML.  Plus, there are
already a number of XML libraries that support exactly that.  The current
implementation creates too much complexity in the implementation, yet offers
little additonal value over the formerly described approach.

Don't worry though, we'll always help you upgrade.  Even if it doesn't exist
in 3.0, we'll have a suggested upgrade path that shouldn't leave you
floundering.

Cheers,
Clinton