ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dodo" <j2eed...@gmail.com>
Subject testing for lazy loading
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:00:21 GMT
Hi,

How do I test for lazy loading to assure myself that
it's working?

I did some test as below where user has complex collection as List

    User user = (User) dao.getUser(new Long(1));

     long elapsedTimeMillis = System.currentTimeMillis()-start;
     log.warn( "time: " + elapsedTimeMillis );

I compared the result with lazyLoadingEnabled="false" and
lazyLoadingEnabled="true"

For lazyLoadingEnabled="true", I got time: 62
For lazyLoadingEnabled="false", I got time: 46

Funny thing is for 'true' scenario, it takes longer. Is that normal?
I 'd expect shorter time since complex collection is not loaded

THanks

Sam