ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Firas A." <of...@idigna.com>
Subject RE: How do you map a Java boolean property to a VARCHAR(1) that contains 'Y' or 'N'?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:47:54 GMT
Hello,

I had a similar problem and these were my alternatives:

1) Use CASE SQL expression and return true/false, ex:

SELECT CASE WHEN some_column = 'Y' THEN true
       ELSE false
       END As "ColumnName"
FROM SomeTable

2) Modify the setter/getter methods of the boolean property like this:

public void setBoolColumn(String yesOrNo) {... }
public boolean getBoolColumn() {
    return "Y".equals(this.yesOrNo);
}

In my case, the second alternative was better choise.

Hope this help.

</Firas>

  _____