ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tracey Annison" <tanni...@trisystems.co.uk>
Subject RE: Problem with using generic and specific custom TypeHandlers
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 08:06:31 GMT
Hiya, Ben

Thank you so much for your reply!

I added the parameterMap, but I'm still getting it reading & writing 0
and 1 to the Db for the Booleans, not Y/N, T/F, and the other strings I
want. My TypeHandler isn't even being called.

I don't suppose you could possibly take a look at my files & tell me
where I'm going wrong, if I sent them to you personally? I'll owe you a
favour, if so!

Cheers
Tracey Annison

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Munat [mailto:bent@munat.com]
Sent: 11 May 2006 17:01
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with using generic and specific custom TypeHandlers

Hi Tracey,

I used a custom type handler on a project last year (for a boolean field
on an AS/400 no less :-) ) and I remember struggling to get it to work.

I just went and looked at my map I think you need to create a
parameterMap for the query that uses the type handler as well as a
result map. You specify the type handler for the property that uses it
on both ends. So, here's what mine looks like:

   <resultMap id="ScheduledMonthlyPaymentResult"
class="ScheduledMonthlyPayment">
       <result property="applicationNumber" column="appnum"/>
       <result property="sequenceNumber" column="seqnum"/>
       <result property="accountName" column="acctnm"/>
       <result property="totalAmountOwed" column="totamt"/>
       <result property="monthlyPayment" column="mnthpmt"/>
       <result typeHandler="com.foo.bar.dao.BooleanToCharTypeHandler"
		property="active" column="active"/>
   </resultMap>

   <parameterMap id="ScheduledMonthlyPaymentParameters"
class="ScheduledMonthlyPayment">
       <parameter property="applicationNumber"/>
       <parameter property="sequenceNumber" />
       <parameter property="accountName"/>
       <parameter property="totalAmountOwed"/>
       <parameter property="monthlyPayment" />
       <parameter property="active"
		typeHandler="com.foo.bar.dao.BooleanToCharTypeHandler"
/>
   </parameterMap>

Hope that helps!